* [oc-csl] org-cite-csl-styles-dir and default-directory
@ 2021-11-28 16:25 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2021-11-28 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

Congrats on oc.el!

I have had a chance to try it a bit and it is really nice to work with!

One frustration with oc-csl.el is that is does not like relative dirs,
which I guess is fine overall as one would probably store styles
centrally, somewhere, similarly to LaTeX.

However, one niece that would seem useful is to simply dump something
relative to the org file (useful for e.g. a doc stored in git and compiled
via docker).

So it might be nice if oc-csl would look for style files in
default-directory / command-line-default-directory?

I haven’t been following the discussions closely so my apology if there’s
a reason for not doing this.

Thanks,
Rasmus

Example file

    See [cite/t:@OrgCitations]
    #+bibliography: lit.bib
    #+cite_export: csl chicago-author-date.csl

    * setup :noexport:
    #+name: setup env
    #+begin_src sh
      wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/citation-style-language/styles/master/chicago-author-date.csl
      cat >> lit.bib << EOF
      @article{OrgCitations,
               author={org, mode and Syntax, Citation and List, Mailing and Effort, Time},
               journal={Journal of Plain Text Formats},
               title={Elegant Citations with Org-Mode},
               year={2021},
               month={7},
               volume={42},
               number={1},
               pages={2-3}}
      EOF
    #+end_src

    #+begin_src emacs-lisp
      (require 'oc-csl)
    #+end_src

    Make ~oc-csl~ use current folder.
    It would be nice not to have to specify this.
    #+begin_src emacs-lisp
      (setq org-cite-csl-styles-dir default-directory)
    #+end_src

--
What will be next?