Hi Tom, > After a bunch of rambling (see below if interested), I think I have > a solution that should work for everyone. The key realization is that > what we really want is the ability to have a “parse me separately” > type of syntax. This meets the intra-word syntax needs and might > meet some other needs as well. > > The solution is to make “parse me separately” > block! It nearly works that way already too! To minimize typing > we could have @@:…@@ the empty type default to org. > > Thoughts? This isn’t quite as succinct as the ascii-doc inspired suggestions, but it’s barely an extension on the current syntax — I like it! Since org is a valid export backend though, perhaps this behaviour should be reserved for @@:…@@, i.e. no export backend, which I think semantically fits fairly nicely. All the best, Timothy