* Custom TODO states for one item
@ 2022-02-26 16:00 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2022-02-26 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello,

I have a file with custom TODO states:

#+TODO: FOO(f@/@) | BAR(b@/@)

I have one item (heading) within that file that I'd like to have different TODO states. Is this possible?

Thanks,

  -k.

* Re: Custom TODO states for one item
@ 2022-02-27  0:13 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-02-27  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org-mode

you can noly have one todo kw per heading that is meaningful to org.
you can use tags.

there are quasi-kw like archive and comment, however.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

* Re: Custom TODO states for one item
@ 2022-02-27  0:31   ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2022-02-27  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Sam,

I only want one active state. I'd like the list of allowable and
short-cuttable states to be specific to one headline, different from the
file properties.

  -k.

Please excuse brevity. Sent from tiny pocket computer with non-haptic
feedback keyboard.

@ 2022-03-28 12:39 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2022-03-28 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Ken,

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a file with custom TODO states:
>
> #+TODO: FOO(f@/@) | BAR(b@/@)
>
> I have one item (heading) within that file that I'd like to have
> different TODO states. Is this possible?

No, and I don't think it's a good idea to support this.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Custom TODO states for one item
@ 2022-03-28 19:11   ` João Pedro
From: João Pedro @ 2022-03-28 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org-mode

Greetings, Bastien!

On 28 March 2022 14:39, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

>> I have a file with custom TODO states:
>>
>> #+TODO: FOO(f@/@) | BAR(b@/@)
>>
>> I have one item (heading) within that file that I'd like to have
>> different TODO states. Is this possible?
>
> No, and I don't think it's a good idea to support this.

Could you elaborate on why not? I have been in situations where having
the ability to define a heading-wise TODO keyword would be useful, but I
managed to get around using different ways of achieving the same
end-goal.

Best regards,

--
João Pedro de Amorim Paula
IT undergraduate at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)