* update file links
@ 2007-09-19 21:23 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-09-19 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am looking for a feature (script) which automatically
updates my file links!? It probably want work out of
the box, but I think it would be really great to have it...
Maybe, a way to update directory links would work with
adding a 'search-file' into each linked-directory, which
corresponds to the inserted directory-link. The updating
script should search for those directly connected files on
the disk and corrects the link...!?
Maybe, someone has such a feature already? I would be great!

Regards!
Fabian

* Re: update file links
@ 2007-09-23 20:54 ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2007-09-23 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> I am looking for a feature (script) which automatically
> updates my file links!?

I'd think about writing an org link handler that uses locate (or
perhaps beagle or tracker) to search for its arguments, and replace
your file: links with locate: beagle:, or whatever.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |

* Re: update file links
@ 2007-09-23 23:50   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-23 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

jmcbray@carcosa.net (Jason F. McBrayer) writes:

> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> I am looking for a feature (script) which automatically
>> updates my file links!?
>
> I'd think about writing an org link handler that uses locate (or
> perhaps beagle or tracker) to search for its arguments, and replace
> your file: links with locate: beagle:, or whatever.

For cases where files are moved from within Emacs (with dired-mode), we
could use org-registry. It would fetch references to the moved files and
update these references with the new location.  But org-registry is just
out, I need a rest :)

--
Bastien

* Re: update file links
@ 2007-09-25  0:02     ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-09-25  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien schrieb am 09/23/2007 11:50 PM:
> jmcbray@carcosa.net (Jason F. McBrayer) writes:
>
>> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> I am looking for a feature (script) which automatically
>>> updates my file links!?
>> I'd think about writing an org link handler that uses locate (or
>> perhaps beagle or tracker) to search for its arguments, and replace
>> your file: links with locate: beagle:, or whatever.
>
> For cases where files are moved from within Emacs (with dired-mode), we
> could use org-registry. It would fetch references to the moved files and
> update these references with the new location.  But org-registry is just
> out, I need a rest :)

org-registry sounds great!? :-)

Fabian