* Font problem with copying subtrees
@ 2009-04-24 15:52 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-04-24 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten!

I got a chance to try out the new C-c C-x c
(org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift) yesterday while doing my quarterly
accounting (ugh) and this is much better than the old way I dealt with
these repeating tasks.  Thanks!!

I noticed a problem with font locking (if that's what you call it) when
copying subtrees and supplying a date.

I started with the following file:

,----[ x.org ]

| * Level One
| ** TODO One
| *** TODO One.One
| *** TODO One.Two
| ** TODO Two
| ** TODO Three
| *** TODO Three.One
| ** TODO Four
| * TODO Next thing
`----

and with the cursor on "* Level One" I did
C-c C-x c
Number of clones to produce: 1 RET
Date shift per clone (e.g. +1w, empty to copy unchanged): +1y

and the copied clone was all black text.

Of course I just undid it now and redid it and it looks correct :/

I noticed this when copying my large-ish subtrees for the accounting
quarterly work because tables were not blue, no heading levels were
coloured etc.

-Bernt

* Re: Font problem with copying subtrees
@ 2009-05-04 15:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-04 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Very strange, so far I cannot reproduce this.

- Carsten

@ 2009-05-04 17:07   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-05-04 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Apr 24, 2009, at 5:52 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> I got a chance to try out the new C-c C-x c
>> (org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift) yesterday while doing my quarterly
>> accounting (ugh) and this is much better than the old way I dealt with
>> these repeating tasks.  Thanks!!
>>
>> I noticed a problem with font locking (if that's what you call it)
>> when
>> copying subtrees and supplying a date.
>>
>> I started with the following file:
>>
>> ,----[ x.org ]
>> |
>> | * Level One
>> | ** TODO One
>> | *** TODO One.One
>> | *** TODO One.Two
>> | ** TODO Two
>> | ** TODO Three
>> | *** TODO Three.One
>> | ** TODO Four
>> | * TODO Next thing
>> `----
>>
>> and with the cursor on "* Level One" I did
>> C-c C-x c
>> Number of clones to produce: 1 RET
>> Date shift per clone (e.g. +1w, empty to copy unchanged): +1y
>>
>> and the copied clone was all black text.
>>
>> Of course I just undid it now and redid it and it looks correct :/
>>
>> I noticed this when copying my large-ish subtrees for the accounting
>> quarterly work because tables were not blue, no heading levels were
>> coloured etc.
>>
>> Let me know if you need more information.

> Very strange, so far I cannot reproduce this.
>
> - Carsten

This seems to be flyspell mode that causes this from my org-mode-hook.

,----[ minimal.emacs ]
| (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/git/org-mode/lisp"))
| (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)$" . org-mode))
| (require 'org-install)
| (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
| 	  (lambda ()
| 	    (flyspell-mode 1)))
`----

I need to copy the region twice to make it show up.

$ emacs -q -l /tmp/minimal.emacs /tmp/x.org
down arrow (to get to the first heading)
C-c C-x c 1 RET +1w
C-c C-x c 1 RET +1y

the second copy is black.

-Bernt