* Org as a minor mode (tables)
@ 2009-07-09  8:40 Andrew Lawson
From: Andrew Lawson @ 2009-07-09  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

    Today I found myself sending various bits of tabular text via email
(emacs in mutt) and found myself wondering whether it might be possible
to use the org mode table support while composing messages. At the
moment I have mail-mode enabled while writing and I've switched on
orgstruct++-mode too but I note that that doesn't seem to have any table
support. Is there any way of getting such a thing running?

    cheers

        Andrew

--

____ Andrew Lawson ____
adl at absentis dot com

A notebook, a fountain pen, a good book for inspiration, a spot of tea
and an expansive view, could one ask for anything more?

* Re: Org as a minor mode (tables)
@ 2009-07-09  9:44 ` Mikael Fornius
From: Mikael Fornius @ 2009-07-09  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lawson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrew Lawson <alawson@absentis.com> writes:

>Is there any way of getting such a thing running?

Try orgtbl-mode.

cheers

--
Mikael Fornius

* Re: Org as a minor mode (tables)
@ 2009-07-09  9:57 ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2009-07-09  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lawson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrew Lawson <alawson@absentis.com> writes:

> Today I found myself sending various bits of tabular text via email
> (emacs in mutt) and found myself wondering whether it might be
> possible to use the org mode table support while composing messages.

Of course you can:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Orgtbl-mode.html#Orgtbl-mode

Reading the manual is a good idea. :-)

Charles

--
I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody.  It doesn't generate revenue.
(Dave '-ddt->` Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 196 bytes --]

* Re: Org as a minor mode (tables)
@ 2009-07-09 10:09   ` Andrew Lawson
From: Andrew Lawson @ 2009-07-09 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 05:57:24AM -0400, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> Andrew Lawson <alawson@absentis.com> writes:
>
> > Today I found myself sending various bits of tabular text via email
> > (emacs in mutt) and found myself wondering whether it might be
> > possible to use the org mode table support while composing messages.
>
> Of course you can:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Orgtbl-mode.html#Orgtbl-mode
>
> Reading the manual is a good idea. :-)

Yes, well, it was obvious in retrospect, somehow I missed it ...

    thanks