* [bug] curious interaction between beamer and odd levels only
@ 2011-09-05 10:42 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-09-05 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've not really tracked down where the problem is but I thought I'd
mention something strange that happened to me today.

I am preparing my lecture slides for the coming term so I went back to
my org file, which uses beamer, last edited in March.  I started working
on the slides and found that they were not coming out at all like I
expected.  In particular, two columns with headings ignored did not
generate two columns with headings ignored!  In fact, the headings came
out as items in latex.

Much hair pulling later, I found I had to add the line

  #+startup: oddonly

to my org file to get things working as they should again.  By default,
I have =ord-odd-levels-only= set to t and always have had.  Nothing in
my configuration has changed in this respect and my org file has
definitely not changed since March (I use revision control).

There appears to be some interaction between org beamer and the setting
of this variable.  But it's not straightforward in that adding the
startup line above should not be necessary.

Anyway, I hope this jogs somebody's memory which may lead to figuring
this out.

Back to working on my slides...

thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.244.g0d580)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-09-05 10:42 UTC | newest]