* Column view capture specific parts only
@ 2011-10-12 20:11 Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-10-12 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have a nice outline set up in column view and would like to capture
different versions of this into org-tables. There is far too many
properties to get quick overviews, e.g. one table-capture I'd like to do
contains only the task name and the committed delivery in ascending
order, and another would contain only task and task-lead in ascending
order.

I have tried to find information and implement this but not succeeded so
far, so apologies if I have missed any key information in usage, but I
only manage to capture one defined table view, as given by the COLUMNS:
property in the root of the capture tree. One version I tried was to
capture this (entire) view and then export the subsequent views using
radio-tables and orgtbl-to-orgtbl with :skipcolumn, but couldn't figure
out the proper syntax?

(info "(org)Capturing column view")
(info "(org)Radio tables")

Johnny

* Re: Column view capture specific parts only
@ 2011-10-13 12:03 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2011-10-13 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

 Hi Johnny

> I have a nice outline set up in column view and would like to capture
> different versions of this into org-tables. There is far too many
> properties to get quick overviews, e.g. one table-capture I'd like to do
> contains only the task name and the committed delivery in ascending
> order,

A case-study org file would have helped here. :-(

No file? vague answers :-(

Use different definition of columns:

* first 2 properties
:PROPERTIES:
:COLUMNS:  %40prop_1 %Prop_2
:END:
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1

#+END
> and another would contain only task and task-lead in ascending
> order.

* other propts
:PROPERTIES:
:COLUMNS:  %40prop_3 %Prop_4
:END:
#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1

#+END

you can change the order with M-x org-sort

hth
Giovanni

* Re: Column view capture specific parts only
@ 2011-10-14 18:02   ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-10-14 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Ridolfi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode