* Bug: Babel blocks with continuation line at end of block fails to export [7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.542.gdfeac)]
@ 2012-03-06 17:20 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-03-06 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, schulte.eric

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Hi Eric,

I ran into a Babel related export problem at work where I took
a single C source line in a block which has a trailing \ for a
continuation character like the following example.

,----[ test.org ]
| * Text export
| #+begin_src c
|   #define FOO bar \
| #+end_src
`----

If I try to export this file I get a "Beginning of buffer" error and
the export fails.  I can fix it by removing the trailing \ or adding
another line to the end of the block.

This took a while to find in my huge work org file by manually selecting
headings to export until I found the problem block.  I think babel
should probably handle this more gracefully (if possible) and just
ignore the error and continue.

Thanks for all your great work!!

Regards,
Bernt

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.542.gdfeac)

* Re: Bug: Babel blocks with continuation line at end of block fails to export [7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.542.gdfeac)]
@ 2012-03-07 17:48 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-03-07 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, schulte.eric

Hi Bernt,

This is a problem with the HTML exporter (notice that export to ASCII
works as expected).  I can reproduce the problem, but I'm not very
familiar with the workings of the exporters, so I can't suggest or
implement a fix.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: Bug: Babel blocks with continuation line at end of block fails to export [7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.542.gdfeac)]
@ 2012-03-07 18:28   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-03-07 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, schulte.eric

Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

> Hi Bernt,
>
> This is a problem with the HTML exporter (notice that export to ASCII
> works as expected).  I can reproduce the problem, but I'm not very
> familiar with the workings of the exporters, so I can't suggest or
> implement a fix.
>
> Best,

Fair enough.  Maybe this will get addressed when the new exporter is
built.

Thanks for looking at it.

Regards,
Bernt

@ 2012-03-07 21:19     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-03-07 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, schulte.eric, Eric Schulte

Hello,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

>> This is a problem with the HTML exporter (notice that export to ASCII
>> works as expected).  I can reproduce the problem, but I'm not very
>> familiar with the workings of the exporters, so I can't suggest or
>> implement a fix.

> Fair enough.  Maybe this will get addressed when the new exporter is
> built.

Unfortunately, not at the moment.

AFAICS, the problem seems to come from (font-lock-fontify-buffer) call
in `org-e-html-format-source-code-or-example-colored' function.

Nicolas Goaziou