* Problem with commented LaTeX header lines
@ 2012-08-02  9:32 Andreas Leha
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-08-02  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I started to get problems with commented latex headers.  All headers
after the commented line seem to be ignored.  Is this intended / am I
using the comments wrongly?

Test with new exporter - no cmbright:
,----
| #+TITLE: Commented LaTeX headers
|

| * Try to export this subtree
| With some text.
|
| And a second paragraph.
|

| ** And a section
| With some text.
|
| * Options							   :noexport:
| ** LaTeX Options
| #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{hyperref}
| # #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}
| #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{cmbright}
`----

Regards,
Andreas

* Re: Problem with commented LaTeX header lines
@ 2012-08-02 10:46 ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-08-02 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I started to get problems with commented latex headers.  All headers
> after the commented line seem to be ignored.  Is this intended / am I
> using the comments wrongly?
>
> Test with new exporter - no cmbright:

Hi,

I confirm I get the same behaviour with the latest org (7.8.11-333 and
emacs 24.1.50.1). But at first, I could not reproduce it with my "old"
org (7.8.11-302).

François.

* Re: Problem with commented LaTeX header lines
@ 2012-08-02 15:20 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-02 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> I started to get problems with commented latex headers.

Please always tell what exporter you are using.

Your example works with the default LaTeX exporter.

With the new exporter, you don't get \usepackage{cmbright} because
you explicitely asked not to export this subtree with :noexport:.

To me the new exporter is right here.

I'd suggest moving #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{cmbright} to the top
of your file if you want it exported with both exporters.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Problem with commented LaTeX header lines
@ 2012-08-02 17:50   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-08-02 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

thanks for looking into this!

> Please always tell what exporter you are using.

I did mention this:
> > Test with new exporter - no cmbright:
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am sorry, if this was not explicit enough.  (Is "new exporter" the
correct name?)

> Your example works with the default LaTeX exporter.
>
> With the new exporter, you don't get \usepackage{cmbright} because
> you explicitely asked not to export this subtree with :noexport:.

I do not agree, because it works as expected, if I remove the comment
sign:
,----
| #+TITLE: Commented LaTeX headers
|

| * Try to export this subtree
| With some text.
|
| And a second paragraph.
|

| ** And a section
| With some text.
|
| * Options							   :noexport:
| ** LaTeX Options
| #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{hyperref}
| #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}
| #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{cmbright}
`----

> To me the new exporter is right here.

To me loosing that possibility would be hard, as my latex_header
sections tend to grow really long, so that I would not
be happy to move them to the top.  This has always been one of the
really nice things in my opinion, that I can hide all this technical
information in a non-exported subtree.

@ 2012-08-02 17:54 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-08-02 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> I started to get problems with commented latex headers.  All headers
> after the commented line seem to be ignored.  Is this intended / am I
> using the comments wrongly?

This is not intended. It is a parsing bug introduced with new comment
syntax. This should be fixed now.

Thank you for reporting this.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Problem with commented LaTeX header lines
@ 2012-08-02 18:10   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-08-02 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> I started to get problems with commented latex headers.  All headers
>> after the commented line seem to be ignored.  Is this intended / am I
>> using the comments wrongly?
>
> This is not intended. It is a parsing bug introduced with new comment
> syntax. This should be fixed now.

I can confirm the fix here.  Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Andreas