* latex exporter:  different itemize environment
@ 2013-02-13  7:31 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2013-02-13  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all (and Nicolas),

from =org-e-latex.el= (I have to upgrade - I know):
,----
| ;; Plain lists accept two optional attributes: `:environment' and
| ;; `:options'.  The first one allows to use a non-standard environment
| ;; (i.e. "inparaenum").  The second one allows to specify optional
| ;; arguments for that environment (square brackets are not mandatory).
`----

I can not make the :enviroment switch work.

Following is a small presentation with a non-indented version of
itemize.  But when I export it, I still get an \begin{itemize} when
instead I'd like \begin{nonindentlist}.

What am I missing?

Regards,
Andreas

PS: The example:

#+LATEX_HEADER: % from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2611276/latex-beamer-way-to-change-the-bullet-indentation
#+LATEX_HEADER: \makeatletter
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newenvironment{nonindentlist}{
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \ifnum\@itemdepth >2\relax\@toodeep\else
#+LATEX_HEADER:       \advance\@itemdepth\@ne%
#+LATEX_HEADER:       \beamer@computepref\@itemdepth%
#+LATEX_HEADER:       \usebeamerfont{itemize/enumerate \beameritemnestingprefix body}%
#+LATEX_HEADER:       \usebeamercolor[fg]{itemize/enumerate \beameritemnestingprefix body}%
#+LATEX_HEADER:       \usebeamertemplate{itemize/enumerate \beameritemnestingprefix body begin}%
#+LATEX_HEADER:       \begin{list}
#+LATEX_HEADER:         {
#+LATEX_HEADER:             \usebeamertemplate{itemize \beameritemnestingprefix item}
#+LATEX_HEADER:         }
#+LATEX_HEADER:         { \leftmargin=1em \itemindent=0pt
#+LATEX_HEADER:             \def\makelabel##1{%
#+LATEX_HEADER:               {%
#+LATEX_HEADER:                   \hss\llap{{%
#+LATEX_HEADER:                     \usebeamerfont*{itemize \beameritemnestingprefix item}%
#+LATEX_HEADER:                         \usebeamercolor[fg]{itemize \beameritemnestingprefix item}##1}}%
#+LATEX_HEADER:               }%
#+LATEX_HEADER:             }%
#+LATEX_HEADER:         }
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \fi
#+LATEX_HEADER: }
#+LATEX_HEADER: {
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \end{list}
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \usebeamertemplate{itemize/enumerate \beameritemnestingprefix body end}%
#+LATEX_HEADER: }
#+LATEX_HEADER: \makeatother

* EXPORT THIS SUBTREE (given you have beamer in org-e-latex-classes)
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_TITLE: My title
  :EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
  :EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
  :END:

** My slide                                                         :B_frame:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: frame
   :END:

   #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment nonindentlist
   - some
   - bullet
   - points

* Re: latex exporter:  different itemize environment
@ 2013-02-13 13:35 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-13 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> Hi all (and Nicolas),
>
> from =org-e-latex.el= (I have to upgrade - I know):
> ,----
> | ;; Plain lists accept two optional attributes: `:environment' and
> | ;; `:options'.  The first one allows to use a non-standard environment
> | ;; (i.e. "inparaenum").  The second one allows to specify optional
> | ;; arguments for that environment (square brackets are not mandatory).
> `----
>
> I can not make the :enviroment switch work.
>
> Following is a small presentation with a non-indented version of
> itemize.  But when I export it, I still get an \begin{itemize} when
> instead I'd like \begin{nonindentlist}.
>
> What am I missing?

[...]

>    #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment nonindentlist
>    - some
>    - bullet
>    - points

It should be #+attr_beamer: :environment nonindentlist since this
property is defined in Beamer back-end's documentation.

Since arguments are the same and beamer back-end is derived from latex
anyway, lists should now accept both, though.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: latex exporter:  different itemize environment
@ 2013-02-25 21:20   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2013-02-25 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> Hi all (and Nicolas),
>>
>> from =org-e-latex.el= (I have to upgrade - I know):
>> ,----
>> | ;; Plain lists accept two optional attributes: `:environment' and
>> | ;; `:options'.  The first one allows to use a non-standard environment
>> | ;; (i.e. "inparaenum").  The second one allows to specify optional
>> | ;; arguments for that environment (square brackets are not mandatory).
>> `----
>>
>> I can not make the :enviroment switch work.
>>
>> Following is a small presentation with a non-indented version of
>> itemize.  But when I export it, I still get an \begin{itemize} when
>> instead I'd like \begin{nonindentlist}.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> [...]
>
>>    #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment nonindentlist
>>    - some
>>    - bullet
>>    - points
>
> It should be #+attr_beamer: :environment nonindentlist since this
> property is defined in Beamer back-end's documentation.

Thanks for this.  #+attr_beamer: works fine (although I am not sure, I
understand what you said here...)