From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: M <Elwood151@web.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:30:46 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014 at 20:28, M wrote:
> This is off-topic, but I hope that someone can give me some good advice:

Not at all off-topic.

> During the last years, I'be become a real org-mode fan and I want to stay
> current and be active in the great org-mode community.
> I've subscribed to the orgmode mailinglist about 1,5 years ago and so I have
>>17.500 mails in my inbox.

There's definitely no need to keep all org emails as they are archived
on gmane.  Streamline your inbox!

> You really have to be organized very well to deal with so much information!
> Is there a tutorial somewhere for good approaches, how to participate in
> such a list (without doing it as a full time job)?

As others have said: gnus with scoring (adaptive or manual) and by
judicious use of killing threads that are not of interest to you.  Given
the broad nature of org's capabilities, many thread topics may not be
relevant to you at any given time.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-898-g11f8ef