From: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
To: Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: [BUG] [babel] in :eval never with :session
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:46:17 -0400	[thread overview]

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
>> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

>>> You say "back", was this error not present recently?  If so could you
>>> isolate the commit at which this error appeared?
>>>

>> The bug seems to be in the use of
>>
>>     (org-link-search heading)
>>
>> in org-babel-exp-in-export-file which is called in
>> org-babel-exp-process-buffer.
>>
>> That search will find the first heading that is a match after
>> (point-min). So it will mess up other header args, too.
>>
>> It was there back in 8.0.7 and recent commits did not touch it AFAICS.
>
> Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @
> /usr/local/Cellar/emacs-mac/emacs-24.3-mac-4.6/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)
>
> as well. I don't think it makes sense to go further back.
>
> So no regression, but bug.

Thanks Charles for pointing out the use of `org-link-search' in
`org-babel-exp-in-export-file' as the source of the problem.  I'm not
sure there's a clear solution here.  Given that there may be a different
outline structure between the original and exported file (e.g., some
headlines may be present in the former and absent from the later), in
the presence of multiple headings with the same name there is no obvious
(to me) way to find a given heading from the exported file in the
original file.

I've just pushed up a change, so that when headings have IDs these will
be used instead of the heading text to find related heading in the
original buffer.  This should provide a workaround when multiple
headings with the same text are desired---just add IDs to all such
headings.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte