* [Feature request] org-babel-tangle-file add an option to tangle if target-file is older than file.
@ 2014-09-18  8:16 Marcin Antczak
From: Marcin Antczak @ 2014-09-18  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As in topic.

I think that if both parameters 'file' and 'target-file' are set and
'target-file' exists, 'org-babel-tangle-file' should tangle only if
'target-file' is older.

Marcin

* Re: [Feature request] org-babel-tangle-file add an option to tangle if target-file is older than file.
@ 2014-09-18 10:27 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-09-18 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Marcin Antczak <marcin.antczak@neutrico-themes.pl> writes:

> As in topic.
>
> I think that if both parameters 'file' and 'target-file' are set and
> target-file' exists, 'org-babel-tangle-file' should tangle only if
> target-file' is older.

I think the Org based Emacs Starter Kit does this conditional tangling,
you might have a look there
(http://eschulte.github.io/emacs24-starter-kit/) to see how it is done.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [Feature request] org-babel-tangle-file add an option to tangle if target-file is older than file.
@ 2014-09-21 14:20   ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-09-21 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marcin Antczak <marcin.antczak@neutrico-themes.pl> writes:
>
>> As in topic.
>>
>> I think that if both parameters 'file' and 'target-file' are set and
>> target-file' exists, 'org-babel-tangle-file' should tangle only if
>> target-file' is older.
>
> I think the Org based Emacs Starter Kit does this conditional tangling,
> you might have a look there
> (http://eschulte.github.io/emacs24-starter-kit/) to see how it is done.

Martin what did you end up using to obtain your desired functionality?

--
Grant Rettke
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/