Rasmus writes: > Nicolas Goaziou writes: > >> Takaaki Ishikawa writes: >> >>> I also support the idea of keeping ">> Please give importance to the backward compatibility in this case. >> >> I explained why I thought it could be removed. I also suggested >> solutions to get an equivalent feature without implementing it in Org. > > Which sounds fair. > >> What is wrong with Abbrev mode, skeletons, tempo.el, expand.el, all >> bundled with Emacs, or YASnippet, in the Emacs ecosystem? It sounds like >> NIH. Or, to put it differently: why in the world would Org implement its >> own template system? > > tempo.el, which I was unaware of, will be able to do this. Thanks for the > pointer. > > I have started to write a replacement. It seems to work fairly OK so far. > Not all keywords have been added, and no mechanism for adding additional > keywords is there yet. > > Nicolas, what would be the best way to hook ‘tempo-complete-tag’ into > "space"? Should I add support directly in org-self-insert-command or add > it to post-command-hook? Actually, it should just hook into TAB (doh). The attached version seems to replicate the old behavior more or less. I had to add a new custom variable to store keywords. Also, Eric, it seems that org-structure-template-alist only supports a single letter for short-hands (the car of an entry in org-structure-template-alist is a char). I used to have blocks like "