From: "Juan Manuel Macías" <maciaschain@posteo.net>
To: Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
Cc: orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: A simple Lua filter for Pandoc
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 15:14:58 +0000	[thread overview]

Max Nikulin writes:

> Form my point of view it is not worse than "\slash{}" entities.

Yes, I also use macros a lot, especially for more complex constructions.
Macros, entities and other tricks have their pros and cons, but they
allow me to have a certain group of characters under control.

>> https://i.imgur.com/f6X7qLs.png
>
> In this example there is no need to replace "<" by entity since it can
> not be confused with <http://te.st/> links.

As I have already said, this comes from a desire to keep a series of
characters under control, because they can be confused with the Org
marks or because I can get confused when working with the text,
especially if it is an imported text. In the case of "<" and ">", many
authors usually use them for various contexts in philology (instead of
the correct characters for some of those contexts, such as
RIGHT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET and LEFT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET: in that
case, I have to replace with the correct symbol). In general, I am
calmer if I have, in one way or another, all those symbols conveniently
"delimited", because even if Org is not wrong, I can get confused.

Anyway, regardless of the idiosyncrasy of my workflow, the origin of
this thread (the function in Lua) was in case someone wants to adapt it
to their own workflow, and needs to substitute some strings for others
when importing from docx or odt.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel