Hi all, I think sometimes it would be nice to have tooltips in the footnote references, so I can see the contents of each footnote definition, especially when I'm in a narrowed subtree; so I've tried to write some code. I have achieved a "semi-automatic" solution. It doesn't work bad at all, but I'm not entirely convinced either. With a minor mode the `org-activate-footnote-links' function is overridden, and tooltips content for all footnotes in the document are added or updated after a couple of actions when you finish writing or editing a footnote: `org-edit-src-exit' and `org-mark-ring-goto'. And that's where the automatic part ends. Beyond that, tooltips must be updated/added by calling the `my-org-fn-make-tooltips' function. Here is a short video demo: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/a4gejYc6PSwNWHY I attach the code of my poor man's footnote tooltips. Of course, any comment and/or feedback is appreciated. Best regards, Juan Manuel