John Kitchin writes: > This issue is specific to using a scimax function > `scimax-ob-execute-and-next-block` that executes the current block then > moves to the next or creates a new block if needed. This is a UI feature > from jupyter notebooks that I like to use. > > That function uses `(org-babel-next-src-block)`, which uses > org-next-block, which calls org-show-context, which uses > org-show-set-visibility, which calls org-show-entry, which hides the > drawers. > > It isn't an org-core issue perhaps, other than it is not obvious why > org-show-entry has a hard-coded line to hide drawers in it. I'd say that it is org-core issue. The current behaviour does not really follow what org-fold-show-entry docstring promises: >> Show the body directly following its heading. >> Show the heading too, if it is currently invisible. In fact, forcefully folding the drawers is relatively recent addition by Nicolas in 1027e0256903bc2. I am attaching the patch making drawer folding controllable via optional argument. WDYT? Best, Ihor