Ihor Radchenko writes: > Here is the plan to resolve this issue: > > 1. We update the manual allowing src blocks to have empty language spec See the attached patch. > 2. We update org-syntax document It turned out to be unnecessary. org-syntax document already declares block DATA to be optional: #+begin_name [DATA] #+end_name See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-syntax.html#Blocks Code blocks fall within a subset of this rule. > 3. We change org-html-src-block to add caption to src blocks without lang See the attached patch.