* Re: org-browse-url.el: Bookmark from a browser into org links
@ 2008-11-24  3:58 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2008-11-24  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: me; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I have tried these instructions, and with my Firefox (Mozilla/5.0
(Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920
Firefox/3.0.4) I get only the error that:

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
(org-browse-url-store) isn't associated with any program.

I do NOT get prompted for the location of a program to run for this
protocol.

My attempts to just stick the program location into the about:config
entry also fail, with the same error.

I have tried setting it to

"/bin/sh /Users/rpg/bin/org-browse-url-store"

that doesn't work, either.

This error seems to me pretty much undebuggable.  Any suggestions?

thanks,

* Re: Re: org-browse-url.el: Bookmark from a browser into org links
@ 2008-11-24  4:18 ` Ross Patterson
From: Ross Patterson @ 2008-11-24  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Goldman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:

> I have tried these instructions, and with my Firefox (Mozilla/5.0
> (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920
> Firefox/3.0.4) I get only the error that:
>
> Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol
> (org-browse-url-store) isn't associated with any program.
>
> I do NOT get prompted for the location of a program to run for this
> protocol.
>
> My attempts to just stick the program location into the about:config
> entry also fail, with the same error.
>
> I have tried setting it to
>
> "/bin/sh /Users/rpg/bin/org-browse-url-store"
>
> that doesn't work, either.
>
> This error seems to me pretty much undebuggable.  Any suggestions?

Double check all strings?  I copied and pasted those docs.

Ross