* let repeat events show just once in agendar?
@ 2008-12-04  8:22 anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-12-04  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Agenda shows daily repeatly events everyday, it makes agendar mess, and let me
hardly get notice the event that not repeatly. can I control it show the
repeatly event just once?

anhnmncb

* Re: let repeat events show just once in agendar?
@ 2008-12-04 12:05 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-12-04 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anhnmncb; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

anhnmncb <anhnmncb@sina.com> writes:

> Agenda shows daily repeatly events everyday, it makes agendar mess, and let me
> hardly get notice the event that not repeatly. can I control it show the
> repeatly event just once?

I'm not aware of an option like that.

You can remove the repeated events from the agenda temporarily with a
filter.

You can add a tag to your repeated events (or put them under a category
with repeated events like this)

,----
| * Repeated Tasks
>

> --
> Regards,
> anhnmncb

     :repeated:
| ** Repeating Task One
|    DEADLINE: <2008-11-18 Fri ++1d>
| ** Another repeated event
`----

Then in the agenda you can remove the repeated events with a filter

/ - TAB repeated RET

HTH,
-Bernt

* Re: let repeat events show just once in agendar?
@ 2008-12-04 12:51   ` anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-12-04 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2008-12-04, Bernt Hansen wrote:
> anhnmncb <anhnmncb@sina.com> writes:
>
>> Agenda shows daily repeatly events everyday, it makes agendar mess, and let me
>> hardly get notice the event that not repeatly. can I control it show the
>> repeatly event just once?
>
> I'm not aware of an option like that.
>
> You can remove the repeated events from the agenda temporarily with a
> filter.
>
> You can add a tag to your repeated events (or put them under a category
> with repeated events like this)
>
> ,----
>| * Repeated Tasks
>      :repeated:
>| ** Repeating Task One
>|    DEADLINE: <2008-11-18 Fri ++1d>
>| ** Another repeated event
> `----
>
> Then in the agenda you can remove the repeated events with a filter
>
> / - TAB repeated RET

I miss the layout that "agenda for current week or day" and "timeline for
current buffer" provide. Your method will lose them.

@ 2008-12-04 14:56 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2008-12-04 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anhnmncb; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

anhnmncb <anhnmncb@sina.com> writes:

> Agenda shows daily repeatly events everyday, it makes agendar mess, and let me
> hardly get notice the event that not repeatly. can I control it show the
> repeatly event just once?
>

> --
> Regards,
> anhnmncb

Hi anhnmncb,

To limit repeating events to a single day in the agenda, I set the
following option to nil:

(setq org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all nil)

Does that produce the effect you're looking for?

Regards,

Matt

* Re: let repeat events show just once in agendar?
@ 2008-12-04 15:06   ` anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-12-04 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2008-12-04, Matthew Lundin wrote:
> anhnmncb <anhnmncb@sina.com> writes:
>
>> Agenda shows daily repeatly events everyday, it makes agendar mess, and let me
>> hardly get notice the event that not repeatly. can I control it show the
>> repeatly event just once?
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> anhnmncb
>>

> Hi anhnmncb,
>
> To limit repeating events to a single day in the agenda, I set the
> following option to nil:
>
> (setq org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all nil)
>
> Does that produce the effect you're looking for?
This is what I need exactly, thank you!

@ 2008-12-04 15:20   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-12-04 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, anhnmncb

Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> To limit repeating events to a single day in the agenda, I set the
> following option to nil:
>
> (setq org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all nil)

And I learned something new again...

Thanks Matt!

-Bernt