* org-annotate on windows
@ 2009-03-08 13:58 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-03-08 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Has anyone got org-annotation-helper to work on windows with firefox?

As far as I can see the script does what it should but the firefox
bookmarklet does not invoke the script (or do anything for that
matter).

I think that shell script should become a vbs (or some such) script
for it to work in windows but Ive no clue how to debug javascript so
not trying

* Re: org-annotate on windows
@ 2009-03-08 15:19 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-03-08 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
> Has anyone got org-annotation-helper to work on windows with firefox?
>
> As far as I can see the script does what it should but the firefox
> bookmarklet does not invoke the script (or do anything for that
> matter).
>
> I think that shell script should become a vbs (or some such) script
> for it to work in windows but Ive no clue how to debug javascript so
> not trying

We're planning to solve this problem by dropping the dependency on the
shell scipt entirely.

But it should be easy to write a batch file for this too:

c:\programme\...\emacsclient.exe --eval "(progn (bzg/org-annotation-helper \"%1\" ) nil)"

and save it as *.bat. Dose that work?

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: org-annotate on windows
@ 2009-03-09  5:55   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-03-09  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:

> We're planning to solve this problem by dropping the dependency on the
> shell scipt entirely.
>
> But it should be easy to write a batch file for this too:
>
> c:\programme\...\emacsclient.exe --eval "(progn (bzg/org-annotation-helper \"%1\" ) nil)"
This I think works (even without the full path)

> and save it as *.bat. Dose that work?
However the remember link in FF does not work.
I tried registering the remember protocol in regedit with the foll file
--------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\remember]
@="URL:remember Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\remember\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\remember\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\remember\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\downloads\\emacs-22.1\\bin\\oah.bat\" \"%1\""

----------------------
(yes my paths are strange and org-annotation-helper shell script is
morphed into oah.bat)

Now it seems to work in the sense that ff jumps into a remember buffer
into emacs
Not yet figured out the template stuff.

Thanks

* Re: org-annotate on windows
@ 2009-03-09  7:14     ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-03-09  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

One more thing:
The backslash in the bookmarklet makes FF barf

In any case the spaces transform into %20 which makes it much more
unwieldy and ugly so the bookmarklet that I paste (and works as far as
I know) is just:
javascript:location.href='remember://'+location.href+'::remember::'+escape(document.title)+'::remember::'+escape(window.getSelection())

(no newlines or spaces anywhere)

* Re: org-annotate on windows
@ 2009-03-09 16:16       ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2009-03-09 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Strangely I cant get it to work on my linux box though it works on windows.
Linux clicking the bookmarklet gives me
firefox does not know how to open this address because the protocol
(remember) is not associated with any program.

Note my config settings has
network-protocol-handler.app.remember is string oah
network-protocol-handler.external.remember is boolean true
where oah is the shell script youve given and runs from a shell prompt