On Fri, Sep 10 2010, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > (icon is a sun, "domestic" is the name of the file I put the weather > statement in). So the cedillas... Something's definitely off with > encoding -- where do I start to look? My language environment is utf-8, > I've got Chinese fonts, if that's the problem... What else? That's probably my fault. I don't know well the Emacs API, and my tempting to encode correctly the data fetched from the Web is probably not bullet-proof. So it might be that. The code is in `google-weather-retrieve-data': (decode-coding-region (point) (point-max) (detect-coding-region (point) (point-max) t)) (set-buffer-multibyte t) (setq data (xml-parse-region (point) (point-max))) This may not be the good way to do it. zh-cn pages seems to be in GB2312 encoding. Any hint welcome. -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info