* [BUG] Making *scratch* orgmode results in unfontified code blocks
@ 2010-11-02 15:29 Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2010-11-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Not sure if I should mark this as a bug or not... could be PEBKAC, but I
can't figure out how to fix it.

I want to use org-mode as my *scratch* buffer, largely because I like
dumping fontified code snippets into it.  However, if I set *scratch* to
org-mode and also set org-src-fontify, etc, well beforehand, it still
doesn't fontify when I put src blocks in later.

To test, put this in your .emacs:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq org-src-fontify-natively t)
(setq org-src-tab-acts-natively t)

(setq initial-major-mode 'org-mode)
(with-current-buffer "*scratch*"
  (if (not (eq major-mode initial-major-mode))
      (funcall initial-major-mode)))
(setq initial-scratch-message
      (purecopy "\
# Scratch!
# This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, etc.
"))
#+end_src

then open emacs, switch to *scratch*, try inserting code.

Over here at least, it doesn't seem to fontify.

Running latest master in git.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-11-02 15:29 UTC | newest]