* request for latex-to-org importer
@ 2010-11-24 18:34 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-11-24 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Does anybody have a latex-org- importer ?
I would like to use this as a collaborative tool when working with
colleagues and students who are versed in latex but not familiar with emacs
or org mode. Could prove to be very powerful when editing latex manuscripts
- just import into org edit (my preferred way of working with latex) and
export back to latex and send to co-authors.

cheers

* Re: request for latex-to-org importer
@ 2010-11-28 20:57 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-11-28 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody have a latex-org- importer ?
> I would like to use this as a collaborative tool when working with
> colleagues and students who are versed in latex but not familiar with
> emacs or org mode. Could prove to be very powerful when editing latex
> manuscripts - just import into org edit (my preferred way of working
> with latex) and export back to latex and send to co-authors.

I have a rudimentary latex2org perl script (ahem, bundle of hacks) born
of necessity that I intend to put up on Worg when I get a chance. I'm
afraid it knows nothing (at the moment) of math formulas. (I did use it
to convert a large manuscript, including biblatex citations, to a nice
clean org file --- a result that brought a smile to my face, however
ugly the script itself might be.)

I'll try to clean it up and make it available as soon as I can.

Best,
Matt

* Re: request for latex-to-org importer
@ 2010-11-29 11:14   ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2010-11-29 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This is awesome, I am looking forward to using your package.
Thanks,
cheers
PS I am convinced that when I get some free time I will learn how to program
in lisp

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:

> Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Does anybody have a latex-org- importer ?
> > I would like to use this as a collaborative tool when working with
> > colleagues and students who are versed in latex but not familiar with
> > emacs or org mode. Could prove to be very powerful when editing latex
> > manuscripts - just import into org edit (my preferred way of working
> > with latex) and export back to latex and send to co-authors.
>
> I have a rudimentary latex2org perl script (ahem, bundle of hacks) born
> of necessity that I intend to put up on Worg when I get a chance. I'm
> afraid it knows nothing (at the moment) of math formulas. (I did use it
> to convert a large manuscript, including biblatex citations, to a nice
> clean org file --- a result that brought a smile to my face, however
> ugly the script itself might be.)
>
> I'll try to clean it up and make it available as soon as I can.
>
> Best,
> Matt

* Re: Re: request for latex-to-org importer
@ 2011-01-04 10:46   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-04 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Marvin Doyley, emacs-orgmode

Hi Matt,

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Does anybody have a latex-org- importer ?
>> I would like to use this as a collaborative tool when working with
>> colleagues and students who are versed in latex but not familiar with
>> emacs or org mode. Could prove to be very powerful when editing latex
>> manuscripts - just import into org edit (my preferred way of working
>> with latex) and export back to latex and send to co-authors.
>
> I have a rudimentary latex2org perl script (ahem, bundle of hacks) born
> of necessity that I intend to put up on Worg when I get a chance. I'm
> afraid it knows nothing (at the moment) of math formulas. (I did use it
> to convert a large manuscript, including biblatex citations, to a nice
> clean org file --- a result that brought a smile to my face, however
> ugly the script itself might be.)

Looks pretty useful!  Let's put a smile on everyone's face :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: request for latex-to-org importer
@ 2011-01-04 13:42     ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-01-04 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Marvin Doyley, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
>
>> Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Does anybody have a latex-org- importer ?
>>> I would like to use this as a collaborative tool when working with
>>> colleagues and students who are versed in latex but not familiar with
>>> emacs or org mode. Could prove to be very powerful when editing latex
>>> manuscripts - just import into org edit (my preferred way of working
>>> with latex) and export back to latex and send to co-authors.
>>
>> I have a rudimentary latex2org perl script (ahem, bundle of hacks) born
>> of necessity that I intend to put up on Worg when I get a chance. I'm
>> afraid it knows nothing (at the moment) of math formulas. (I did use it
>> to convert a large manuscript, including biblatex citations, to a nice
>> clean org file --- a result that brought a smile to my face, however
>> ugly the script itself might be.)
>
> Looks pretty useful!  Let's put a smile on everyone's face :)

Yes! My apologies for the delay.

I now have a bit of time to polish it up and add documentation, so it
should be on Worg soon. :)

Best,
Matt

* Re: request for latex-to-org importer
@ 2011-01-04 17:19       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-04 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Marvin Doyley, emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Yes! My apologies for the delay.

No problem at all -- I'm myself replying very *old* emails, meaning I'm
coming late on all this.

> I now have a bit of time to polish it up and add documentation, so it
> should be on Worg soon. :)

Great :)

--
 Bastien