At Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:37:57 -0500, Mehmet Atif Ergun wrote: > > Hi, > > On opening emacs to take a look at my agenda, emacs opens with the > following error: > > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function ignore-errors) > (ignore-errors (org-entry-get nil "ORDERED")) > > No other problem but this error message... And everything seems to > work fine regardless of this message. > How can I find out what is causing this error on each startup? > > I am using Ubuntu 10.10 with emacs 22.2.1. On Arch Linux (with emacs > 23.2.1), I did not have this problem. which Org mode version are you using? M-x org-version RET I can't find the expression (ignore-errors (org-entry-get nil "ORDERED")) anywhere in a current Org mode version so I suspect you use an older one. The problem is that your Org mode version uses the function `ignore-errors' which is for some reason not available at run-time. In Emacs22 this func def is part of the cl package, so it might help to add a (require 'cl-macs) To your init-file so the function is loaded properly. HTH, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de