* Turning on repeat logging for a subtree only
@ 2011-04-20  8:59 Tom
From: Tom @ 2011-04-20  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I generally have repeat logging off, but I want to turn it on
for a certain subtree.

I added the property LOGGING with the value logrepeat:

:PROPERTIES:
:LOGGING: logrepeat
:END:

But this doesn't seem to work, when I toogle the task state
the repeat is not logged.

I checked the source and apparently it is because logrepeat
sets org-log-repeat to 'state, but I want to it to be set to 'time.

Is there a way to set to it 'time instead of 'state?

And BTW why this 'state value is not documented in the docstring
of org-log-repeat? Isn't it a doc bug?

http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git/blob/HEAD:/lisp/org.el#l2435

* Re: Turning on repeat logging for a subtree only
@ 2011-04-20 23:39 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-04-20 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> writes:

> I generally have repeat logging off, but I want to turn it on
> for a certain subtree.
>
> I added the property LOGGING with the value logrepeat:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :LOGGING: logrepeat
> :END:
>
> But this doesn't seem to work, when I toogle the task state
> the repeat is not logged.

Works fine for me here. I set org-log-repeat to nil and used the
following headline:

* TODO A test							       :hack:
  SCHEDULED: <2011-04-20 Wed +1d>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LOGGING:  logrepeat
  :END:

When I mark it DONE, I get the following results:

* TODO A test							       :hack:
  SCHEDULED: <2011-04-21 Thu +1d>
  :LOGBOOK:
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2011-04-20 Wed 18:32]
  :END:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LOGGING:  logrepeat
  :LAST_REPEAT: [2011-04-20 Wed 18:32]
  :END:

> I checked the source and apparently it is because logrepeat
> sets org-log-repeat to 'state, but I want to it to be set to 'time.
>
> Is there a way to set to it 'time instead of 'state?

AFAICT 'time and 'state are the same thing.

Best,
Matt