* Bug: HTML blocks in macros called before lists break in 7.5
@ 2011-04-22 21:26 amscopub-mail
From: amscopub-mail @ 2011-04-22 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sample code:
-------------

#+MACRO: start #+BEGIN_HTML\n <mydiv> \n#+END_HTML
#+MACRO: end  #+BEGIN_HTML\n </mydiv> \n#+END_HTML

* Hello world

{{{start}}}
 1. Item 1
{{{end}}}

-------------------------------
Expected HTML export (valid HTML):
----------------------------------

<mydiv>
</mydiv>

-----------------------------------
Actual HTML export (invalid HTML):
-----------------------------------

<mydiv>
  </li></ol>

OK, so the example is a bit contrived. But that's basically the technique that I use to style lists. (It may not be the best but for complex START/END macros, using HTML blocks is the way to go.)

Anyway, the above code worked fine in 7.4. Then I upgraded to 7.5 and I now have literally hundreds of these broken lists.

Ideas? Where would the offending org code be?

* Re: Bug: HTML blocks in macros called before lists break in 7.5
@ 2011-04-24 17:44 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-04-24 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amscopub-mail; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

amscopub-mail@yahoo.com writes:

> #+MACRO: start #+BEGIN_HTML\n <mydiv> \n#+END_HTML
> #+MACRO: end  #+BEGIN_HTML\n </mydiv> \n#+END_HTML
>

> * Hello world
>
> {{{start}}}
>  1. Item 1
> {{{end}}}

[...]

> Anyway, the above code worked fine in 7.4. Then I upgraded to 7.5 and
> I now have literally hundreds of these broken lists.

I've pushed a fix for that problem, along with a better handling of
macros within lists. Your example is now exported correctly. Please tell
me if more complex macros still lead to errors.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug: HTML blocks in macros called before lists break in 7.5
@ 2011-04-29 19:21   ` U Avalos
From: U Avalos @ 2011-04-29 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 4/24/2011 1:44 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> amscopub-mail@yahoo.com writes:
>
>> #+MACRO: start #+BEGIN_HTML\n<mydiv>  \n#+END_HTML
>> #+MACRO: end  #+BEGIN_HTML\n</mydiv>  \n#+END_HTML
>>

>> * Hello world
>>
>> {{{start}}}
>>   1. Item 1
>> {{{end}}}
>
> [...]
>
>> Anyway, the above code worked fine in 7.4. Then I upgraded to 7.5 and
>> I now have literally hundreds of these broken lists.
> I've pushed a fix for that problem, along with a better handling of
> macros within lists. Your example is now exported correctly. Please tell
> me if more complex macros still lead to errors.
>
> Thank you for reporting this problem.
>
> Regards,

Thanks. As soon as I finish the current project, I will upgrade and let
you know.