On 11 Jul 2011, Dror Atariah wrote: >>> 2. If it is the org.el, then how can I tell which file is the one >>> which is used? Should I restart emacs after each edit of this file >>> for the changes to take effect? > Can you still answer this question? How can I ask emacs to tell me > where is the file it is using and should I restart after each such > change? A combination of describe-{function,variable,...} (to get the filename) and locate-library (to get the exact location -- you can also follow the link in describe-*) tells you this. And no you don't have to restart after that change you just have to reload (and recompile beforehand if it was compiled) it. But that's only a must if you change the file! A more sensible approach is using customize. With X-c customize-group RET org RET you can browse through all org settings that are thought to be changed. And don't forget to set/save in that dialog. Michael