* Column view arrow keys issue
@ 2011-08-15 13:01 Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2011-08-15 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hello all,

In column view mode, my arrow keys are not working properly. For
example consider the following view.

Task                                        | Effort
   | CLOCKSUM  |

Item1                                      | 8:00
  | 7:00             |

Now, when I press right arrow key to reach the effort column the
cursor moves to the far end of the row.

Item1                                      | 8:00
  | 7:00             | cursor

I suspect any my configuration is the reason for this behavior or may
be the emacs version. I tried to figure out this but I failed so I am
sending out this mail. I have little experience with column view mode.
Any help is appreciated.

I have

Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.38.g1b379)
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2011-08-09 on laptop

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: Column view arrow keys issue
@ 2011-08-15 15:37 ` Skip Collins
From: Skip Collins @ 2011-08-15 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Noorul Islam <noorul@noorul.com> wrote:
> In column view mode, my arrow keys are not working properly.

I believe that column view suffers from some emacs 24 bugs involving
overlays. You may want to see if the latest git version of emacs
helps.

* Re: Column view arrow keys issue
@ 2011-08-24 18:45 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-24 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi Noorul,

Noorul Islam <noorul@noorul.com> writes:

> In column view mode, my arrow keys are not working properly. For
> example consider the following view.
>
> Task                                        | Effort
>    | CLOCKSUM  |
>
> Item1                                      | 8:00
>   | 7:00             |
>
> Now, when I press right arrow key to reach the effort column the
> cursor moves to the far end of the row.

This is something I've observed from time to time.  Such problems
are hard to reproduce and to fix...  from what I've observed, they
occur for headlines that are not folded.  Is this something you've
seen too?

Any further input on how to isolate this problem is welcome!

Best,

--
 Bastien