Torsten Wagner writes: > Hi Eric > >>> >>> ``:results output silent'' should suppress that I think. >>> >> >> Nick's solution should work well.  Also, (if you're exporting to LaTeX) >> couldn't you just combine the tikz picture and the wrapping figure >> environment into a single begin_latex block? >> > > Yep Nick solution is working fine. I just wonder what is the order of > execution during export. E.g. if I generate the link to a file as > output and place it directly under the lines to add a picture in > org-mode, I thought the code block would be execute first and the > result would replace the function call. The exporter will find a link > to a picture and export it as usual. This was the reason I thought the > following code should work. > Your code example can be reworked as follows and it should export as expected. With a named code block the result may be positioned anywhere in an Org-mode file regardless of the position of the code block.