* html export of inline tasks
@ 2009-11-23 12:27 Karl Maihofer
From: Karl Maihofer @ 2009-11-23 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

would it be possible to add some tags to the html-exporter for inline
tasks? I'd like to be able to show the todo keyword in a different color
as it is possible for normal tasks.

Normal task:

Inline task:
 > <dl>
 > </dd>
 > </dl>

Perhaps one could add a span tag to the keyword of inline tasks, too?

Regards,
Karl

* Re: html export of inline tasks
@ 2010-01-01  9:59 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-01  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Maihofer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

this is now implemented - TODO keywords in inline tasks get the same
CSS classes
as normal tasks.

Best wishes

- Carsten

On Nov 23, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Karl Maihofer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would it be possible to add some tags to the html-exporter for
> inline tasks? I'd like to be able to show the todo keyword in a
> different color as it is possible for normal tasks.
>
> Normal task:
>
> Inline task:
> > <dl>
> > </dd>
> > </dl>
>
> Perhaps one could add a span tag to the keyword of inline tasks, too?
>
> Regards,
> Karl

- Carsten

* HTML export of inline tasks
@ 2012-05-09  5:52 Manish
From: Manish @ 2012-05-09  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Dear List,

How can I export SCHEDULED, DEADLINE and tags for inlinetasks?  I have
org-inlinetask.el loaded and am using older HTML exporter (the one not
based on org-elements.el).  I looked at variable
org-inlinetasl-export-template but still unsure how should I set it to
exposed scheduling information in HTML.  I am using the default css.

GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 on Windows 7
Org-mode from Git as of May 7 2012 with head on commit
b797c88d700a5e636c0f9fdb108d1846ce6e1f08

Thanks!
--
Manish

* Re: HTML export of inline tasks
@ 2012-05-09  7:37 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-05-09  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear List,
>
> How can I export SCHEDULED, DEADLINE and tags for inlinetasks?  I have
> org-inlinetask.el loaded and am using older HTML exporter (the one not
> based on org-elements.el).  I looked at variable
> org-inlinetasl-export-template but still unsure how should I set it to
> exposed scheduling information in HTML.  I am using the default css.
>
> GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 on Windows 7
> Org-mode from Git as of May 7 2012 with head on commit
> b797c88d700a5e636c0f9fdb108d1846ce6e1f08
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Manish

Have a look at

,----[ C-h v org-inlinetask-export-templates RET ]
| org-inlinetask-export-templates is a variable defined in `org-inlinetask.el'.
| Its value is shown below.
|
| Documentation:
| Templates for inline tasks in various exporters.
|
| This variable is an alist in the shape of (BACKEND STRING OBJECTS).
|
| BACKEND is the name of the backend for the template (ascii, html...).
|
| STRING is a format control string.

`----

You can access the todo state and tags but I don't think the scheduled
and deadline information is passed through.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org release_7.8.09-544-g505cc7

* Re: HTML export of inline tasks
@ 2012-05-09  7:41 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-05-09  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear List,
>
> How can I export SCHEDULED, DEADLINE and tags for inlinetasks?  I have
> org-inlinetask.el loaded and am using older HTML exporter (the one not
> based on org-elements.el).  I looked at variable
> org-inlinetasl-export-template but still unsure how should I set it to
> exposed scheduling information in HTML.  I am using the default css.
>
> GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 on Windows 7
> Org-mode from Git as of May 7 2012 with head on commit
> b797c88d700a5e636c0f9fdb108d1846ce6e1f08
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Manish

Sorry, I missed that you had already looked at that variable.  I set it
as follows, which might help you figure this out:

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/emacs-lisp, Size: 240 bytes --]

(setq org-inlinetask-export-templates
         '((unless
      	    (eq todo "")
       		  (format "<span class=\"%s %s\">%s%s </span>" class todo todo priority))
        heading content))))

This assumes the default CSS so that the appropriate TODO styles have
been defined.

I must admit that I seldom export to HTML (esp. now with the ODT
exporter) so I cannot remember if this was a good template or not.

Hope this helps.

--

@ 2012-05-09 16:45   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2012-05-09 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish, Org-Mode

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Manish writes:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> How can I export SCHEDULED, DEADLINE and tags for inlinetasks?  I have
>> org-inlinetask.el loaded and am using older HTML exporter (the one not
>> based on org-elements.el).  I looked at variable
>> org-inlinetasl-export-template but still unsure how should I set it to
>> exposed scheduling information in HTML.  I am using the default css.
>>
>> GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 on Windows 7
>> Org-mode from Git as of May 7 2012 with head on commit
>> b797c88d700a5e636c0f9fdb108d1846ce6e1f08
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Manish
>
> Sorry, I missed that you had already looked at that variable.  I set it
> as follows, which might help you figure this out:
>

> (setq org-inlinetask-export-templates
>          '((unless
>       	    (eq todo "")
>        		  (format "<span class=\"%s %s\">%s%s </span>" class todo todo priority))
>         heading content))))
>
> This assumes the default CSS so that the appropriate TODO styles have
> been defined.
>
> I must admit that I seldom export to HTML (esp. now with the ODT
> exporter) so I cannot remember if this was a good template or not.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for looking, Eric.  I think that setting is pretty much the
default.  Following note from the source file and a look at
org-inlinetask-export-handler makes me believe that these were never
supposed to be treated as proper todos (I don't speak elisp so I could
be mistaken though).

,----
| ;; Export commands do not treat these nodes as part of the sectioning
| ;; structure, but as a special inline text that is either removed, or
| ;; formatted in some special way.  This in handled by
| ;; `org-inlinetask-export' and `org-inlinetask-export-templates'
| ;; variables.
`----

Out of curiosity I tried ODT export and that produces weird results for
inlinetasks. Does it work for you?

Cheers!
Manish

* Re: HTML export of inline tasks
@ 2012-05-10  1:04     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-05-10  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Thanks for looking, Eric.  I think that setting is pretty much the
> default.  Following note from the source file and a look at

Yes, I doubt I changed much for the HTML.  I did customise the latex
export however to use margin notes etc.

> Out of curiosity I tried ODT export and that produces weird results for
> inlinetasks. Does it work for you?

Sorry, haven't tried inline tasks export to ODT.

With the new export engine, maybe the inline task export can be
generalised to give the functionality you need?

--

@ 2012-05-23 11:51     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-05-23 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> writes:

> Out of curiosity I tried ODT export and that produces weird results for
> inlinetasks. Does it work for you?

Provide an example.  I will fix it.