Hello all, When exporting a subtree with an HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS property set, exporting fails with this error: (error "Before first headline at position 455 in buffer *temp*") This happens because the system is trying to apply the class to the parent level, but the exporting of a subtree doesn't bring the parent level into the temp buffer. The attached patch modifies org-export-remember-html-container-classes to ignore the HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS property altogether in these cases. It would probably be better to apply the designated class to the container div or perhaps the body, but this change works for me, and I may be the only one bothered by this. If it is determined that another fix is more in the spirit of these files, I will not be offended. ChangeLog entry: Fix export of subtree with HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS Modify org-export-remember-html-container-classes to work around problem when exporting subtree with HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS property. TINYCHANGE All the best, Terry -- T.F. Torrey