* Bug ? LaTeX exporter does not export subsections from included files
@ 2012-10-08  8:55 Sébastien Delafond
From: Sébastien Delafond @ 2012-10-08  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

a Debian user, on 7.9.1, reports[0] the following problem :

  Since the update to org-mode 7.9.1-1, the LaTeX export does not work
  completely anymore with included files. Please try exporting the
  attached testmain.org (for example to PDF via LaTeX with C-c C-e d).
  The included file testbar.org is included at the begining, but the
  subsections (**) are not exported.

  I've tried ODF and HTML export, which work as expected.

Here is his testmain.org:

  * Foo
  Here is foo!

  * Bar
  #+INCLUDE: "testbar.org"

  ** Bar 3
  This appears.

  * Conclusion

And the corresponding testbar.org:

  This is Bar.

  ** Bar 1
  This is Bar's first part.

  ** Bar 2
  And here is the second one.

Cheers

--Seb

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/689428

* Re: Bug ? LaTeX exporter does not export subsections from included files
@ 2012-10-29  9:23 ` Sébastien Delafond
From: Sébastien Delafond @ 2012-10-29  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2012-10-08, Sébastien Delafond <sdelafond@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since the update to org-mode 7.9.1-1, the LaTeX export does not work
> completely anymore with included files.

No idea at all on this one ? :)

Cheers,

--Seb

* Re: Bug ? LaTeX exporter does not export subsections from included files
@ 2012-10-29 14:38   ` Philipp Kroos
From: Philipp Kroos @ 2012-10-29 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Delafond; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I tried with both the old exporter (emacs -Q) and the new.
The old one exports correctly on my side, here's the relevant part:

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
  This is Bar.
  \subsection{Bar 1}
  \label{sec-2-1}

  This is Bar's first part.
  \subsection{Bar 2}
  \label{sec-2-2}

  And here is the second one.
#+END_LaTeX

I think the behaviour in the new exporter has been changed to a better:
The included trees are changed in depth according to the structure they
are imported to, so with the new exporter the included file should start
at level1 as well, e.g.
This is Bar
* Bar 1

This makes the files more usable on their own as well, which is a great
improvement!

I hope this assumption is correct.

Regards, Philipp