Completing myself, > OTOH, while we're at it, I wonder if we should keep grouping with > parenthesis. I guess that if you want to use parenthesis, you're going > to need math mode anyway, so there's no real need to make it easy to > type, e.g. : > > x^(2-i) > > which will become x$^\text{(2-i)}$ anyway. I attach the suggested patch. I removed parenthesis-grouping for the reasons I gave above. Carsten: if you'd rather keep this feature, let me know, I'll provide another patch. I also slightly changed the simplified regexp, as [:word:] includes underscores in Org syntax. I used [:alnum:] instead. Regards,