Samuel Schaumburg writes: [...] > What I learned from my research is that the line has to look like this, > so that I can compile: > > \section{Some Headline \protect\footnote{S. 45}} > > This case is quite typicall for me and leads to often manually reworking > the tex buffer for quite a while, which is not very convenient. > > Is there any way I can set up the org latex export to do this > automatically. Would greatly help my workflow. I am quite a newbie to > emacs-lisp, so I cannot think of how to do this. Maybe someone can help > me here Not an org solution per se but you could redefine \footnote to do what you want. The example below/attached seems to work. I have no idea if it breaks the usage of footnote in other places, mind you.