* Spacing after sorting a heading
@ 2014-04-12 23:00 Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2014-04-12 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I prefer to have a blank line before headings (and have set
`org-blank-before-new-entry' for this effect), but I can't figure out
how to preserve this spacing when sorting trees.

,----
| * First heading
|
| ** bbbb
|
| btext
|
| ** aaaa
|
| atext
|
| * Second heading
`----

If "First heading" is sorted alphabetically, the blank line before
"bbbb" is lost.

,----
| * First heading
|
| ** aaaa
|
| atext
| ** bbbb
|
| btext
|

| * Second heading
`----

(I don't think this behavior has changed recently, but my current Org
version is release_8.2.5h-909-ge24f33 just in case.)

Does anyone have suggestions for maintaining a space before headings
after sorting?

Thanks

--
Kyle

* Re: Spacing after sorting a heading
@ 2014-04-17 10:52 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-17 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Kyle,

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

> Does anyone have suggestions for maintaining a space before headings
> after sorting?

I fixed this in maint, let me know if this works for you.

 Bastien

* Re: Spacing after sorting a heading
@ 2014-04-17 14:36   ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2014-04-17 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 04/17/14 06:52, Bastien wrote:
> I fixed this in maint, let me know if this works for you.

Works great. Thanks!

--

@ 2014-04-18 15:05   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-04-18 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Kyle Meyer <kyle-4Wn5G85RAV/QT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> Does anyone have suggestions for maintaining a space before headings
>> after sorting?
>
> I fixed this in maint, let me know if this works for you.

A pity that your fix did not solve the bug "When moving headings, blank
lines are added to the display" (reported on 2013-11-15) at the same
time ;-(

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/78878.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Spacing after sorting a heading
@ 2014-04-18 15:25     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-18 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sébastien,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> A pity that your fix did not solve the bug "When moving headings, blank
> lines are added to the display" (reported on 2013-11-15) at the same
> time ;-(

It may look similar, but that's a completely different issue.

> See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/78878.

Can you instrument `org-clean-visibility-after-subtree-move' and
chase the bug from there?

--
 Bastien