* How to make sparse tree sparser and/or reveal less context?
@ 2014-04-13 19:12 Mark S.
From: Mark S. @ 2014-04-13 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

After you have a sparse tree, is there a way to hide away headlines and entries that you don't actually want to be part of your final export?

There's a command to reveal context ... but is there a command that will help you hide away context?

Thanks!
Mark

* Re: How to make sparse tree sparser and/or reveal less context?
@ 2014-04-17 10:42 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-17 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark S.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mark,

"Mark S." <throaway@yahoo.com> writes:

> After you have a sparse tree, is there a way to hide away headlines
> and entries that you don't actually want to be part of your final
> export?

I'd start trying (setq org-show-hierarchy-above nil)

> There's a command to reveal context ... but is there a command that
> will help you hide away context?

If you end up with hiding too much, I'd recommend using an agenda view
instead of a sparse tree, then writing this agenda view to an .org
file (C-c C-w myorgfile.org RET from the agenda), then exporting this
newly created Org file.

--
 Bastien