* How to treat string results of src-block calls like text in export?
@ 2014-06-25  0:00 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-06-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

with this org file

,----
| #+name: project-name
| #+header: :exports none
| #+begin_src emacs-lisp
|   (mapconcat
|    'capitalize
|    (split-string
|     (file-name-nondirectory
|      (directory-file-name
|       (file-name-directory
|        (buffer-file-name (current-buffer)))))
|     "-" 'OMIT-NULLS)
|    " ")
| #+end_src
|
| * call_project-name()
| some text
|
| * Sourcedir
| more text
`----

I get this when exporting to ascii (excerpt):

,----
| Table of Contents
| _________________
|
| 1 `Testdir'
| 2 Sourcedir
|

| 1 `Testdir'
| ===========
|
|   some text
|

| 2 Sourcedir
| ===========
|
|   more text
`----

and this when exporting to latex (excerpt):

,----
| \section{\texttt{Testdir}}
| \label{sec-1}
| some text
|
| \section{Sourcedir}
| \label{sec-2}
| more text
`----

How do I achieve that the string returned by the src-block call is
treated just like normal text?

I tried using (format ...) as well as several :results options, even
(intern ...), but to no avail.

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: How to treat string results of src-block calls like text in export?
@ 2014-06-25  0:57 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-06-25  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> with this org file
>
> ,----
> | #+name: project-name
> | #+header: :exports none
> | #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> |   (mapconcat
> |    'capitalize
> |    (split-string
> |     (file-name-nondirectory
> |      (directory-file-name
> |       (file-name-directory
> |        (buffer-file-name (current-buffer)))))
> |     "-" 'OMIT-NULLS)
> |    " ")
> | #+end_src
> |
> | * call_project-name()
> | some text
> |
> | * Sourcedir
> | more text
> `----
>
> I get this when exporting to ascii (excerpt):
>
> ,----
> | Table of Contents
> | _________________
> |
> | 1 `Testdir'
> | 2 Sourcedir
> |

> | 1 `Testdir'
> | ===========
> |
> |   some text
> |

> | 2 Sourcedir
> | ===========
> |
> |   more text
> `----
>
> and this when exporting to latex (excerpt):
>
> ,----
> | \section{\texttt{Testdir}}
> | \label{sec-1}
> | some text
> |
> | \section{Sourcedir}
> | \label{sec-2}
> | more text
> `----
>
> How do I achieve that the string returned by the src-block call is
> treated just like normal text?
>
> I tried using (format ...) as well as several :results options, even
> (intern ...), but to no avail.

Here :results raw achieves what I think you want.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: How to treat string results of src-block calls like text in export?
@ 2014-06-25  1:30   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-06-25  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

Hi Thomas,

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> with this org file
>>
>> ,----
>> | #+name: project-name
>> | #+header: :exports none
>> | #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> |   (mapconcat
>> |    'capitalize
>> |    (split-string
>> |     (file-name-nondirectory
>> |      (directory-file-name
>> |       (file-name-directory
>> |        (buffer-file-name (current-buffer)))))
>> |     "-" 'OMIT-NULLS)
>> |    " ")
>> | #+end_src
>> |
>> | * call_project-name()
>> | some text
>> |
>> | * Sourcedir
>> | more text
>> `----
>>
>> I get this when exporting to ascii (excerpt):
>>
>> ,----
>> | Table of Contents
>> | _________________
>> |
>> | 1 `Testdir'
>> | 2 Sourcedir
>> |

>> | 1 `Testdir'
>> | ===========
>> |
>> |   some text
>> |

>> | 2 Sourcedir
>> | ===========
>> |
>> |   more text
>> `----
>>
>> and this when exporting to latex (excerpt):
>>
>> ,----
>> | \section{\texttt{Testdir}}
>> | \label{sec-1}
>> | some text
>> |
>> | \section{Sourcedir}
>> | \label{sec-2}
>> | more text
>> `----
>>
>> How do I achieve that the string returned by the src-block call is
>> treated just like normal text?
>>
>> I tried using (format ...) as well as several :results options, even
>> (intern ...), but to no avail.
>
> Here :results raw achieves what I think you want.

Unfortunately not, I tried that before, and now again, same outpout as
shown above. Did it work for you?

--

@ 2014-06-25  2:30     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-06-25  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> with this org file
>>>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> I get this when exporting to ascii (excerpt):
>>>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> and this when exporting to latex (excerpt):
>>>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> How do I achieve that the string returned by the src-block call is
>>> treated just like normal text?
>>>
>>> I tried using (format ...) as well as several :results options, even
>>> (intern ...), but to no avail.
>>
>> Here :results raw achieves what I think you want.
>
> Unfortunately not, I tried that before, and now again, same outpout as
> shown above. Did it work for you?

I use this a lot in my work, but hadn't tried it in a headline.  I tried
it with the call line in a headline and that works, too.  This subtree
is in a file called personal.org.

* Jolitz

#+name: project-name
#+header: :exports none :results raw
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (mapconcat
   'capitalize
   (split-string
    (file-name-nondirectory
     (directory-file-name
      (file-name-directory
       (buffer-file-name (current-buffer)))))
    "-" 'OMIT-NULLS)
   " ")
#+end_src

** call_project-name()[:results raw]

** Impersonal

The LaTeX export looks like this, in part:

\section{Personal}
\label{sec-1}

\section{Impersonal}
\label{sec-2}
% Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode beta_8.3)

Alternatively, you can put :results raw in a header-args property of the
subtree and then just call_project-name().

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: How to treat string results of src-block calls like text in export?
@ 2014-06-25  3:01       ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-06-25  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

Hi Thomas,

> I use this a lot in my work, but hadn't tried it in a headline.  I tried
> it with the call line in a headline and that works, too.  This subtree
> is in a file called personal.org.
>
> * Jolitz
>
> #+name: project-name
> #+header: :exports none :results raw
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (mapconcat
>    'capitalize
>    (split-string
>     (file-name-nondirectory
>      (directory-file-name
>       (file-name-directory
>        (buffer-file-name (current-buffer)))))
>     "-" 'OMIT-NULLS)
>    " ")
> #+end_src
>
> ** call_project-name()[:results raw]
>
> ** Impersonal
>
> The LaTeX export looks like this, in part:
>
> \section{Personal}
> \label{sec-1}
>
> \section{Impersonal}
> \label{sec-2}
> % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode beta_8.3)
>
> Alternatively, you can put :results raw in a header-args property of the
> subtree and then just call_project-name().

,----
| ** call_project-name()[:results raw]
`----

Thats it, I used :results raw for the called block, not for the caller
(like in <end header arguments>), now it works like a charm.

Thanks!

--
cheers,
Thorsten