* Org maintainance
@ 2015-05-17  8:46 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2015-05-17  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I have not been able to be active as a maintainer since more than
half a year now.

I have been reading the mailing list, though, and Nicolas daily
commitment has been key in me being relaxed about tons of issues,
if not about the lack of a maintainer itself.  I have only dealt
with private requests like adding public keys.

My plan was to find more time and to come back, and this is still
my plan, but we need a deadline to tell whether the plan is alive
or dead.

So here is it: if I realize I cannot spent enough time on Org by
July, 17th then I'll step back as a maintainer and become a happy
contributor.

Thanks for your patience and for all the constructive discussions.

All best,

--
 Bastien

* Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks (was: Org maintainance)
@ 2015-05-23  8:47 ` Bastien
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2015-05-23  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I need help on these maintainance tasks :

1. Watching the emacs-diffs mailing list and backport changes on Org
   in the local Org repository (2 hours per month).

2. Adding public keys on the orgmode.org server for org-mode and worg
   contributers (1 hour per month).

3. Maintaining the orgmode.org server and taking care of errors when
   updating Worg (1 hour per month).

4. Merging the last stable release into Emacs repository.  (1 hour
   every release).

5. Releasing Org (.5 hour every release).

I don't need advice on how to make these tasks more quickly or more
efficiently, I just need people who can take care of them.  If anyone
wants to help on any of these tasks, please raise your hand !  This
will help a lot in moving toward a sane situation.

 Bastien

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks
@ 2015-05-23  9:31   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-23  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> 1. Watching the emacs-diffs mailing list and backport changes on Org
>    in the local Org repository (2 hours per month).
>
> 2. Adding public keys on the orgmode.org server for org-mode and worg
>    contributers (1 hour per month).
>
> 3. Maintaining the orgmode.org server and taking care of errors when
>    updating Worg (1 hour per month).
>
> 4. Merging the last stable release into Emacs repository.  (1 hour
>    every release).
>
> 5. Releasing Org (.5 hour every release).

I can help with 2, 4 *OR* 5 as you prefer.  My git skillz are limited.

—Rasmus

--
Not everything that goes around comes back around, you know

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks
@ 2015-05-23 15:25   ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2015-05-23 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> I need help on these maintainance tasks :
>
> 1. Watching the emacs-diffs mailing list and backport changes on Org
>    in the local Org repository (2 hours per month).
>
> 2. Adding public keys on the orgmode.org server for org-mode and worg
>    contributers (1 hour per month).
>
> 3. Maintaining the orgmode.org server and taking care of errors when
>    updating Worg (1 hour per month).
>
> 4. Merging the last stable release into Emacs repository.  (1 hour
>    every release).
>
> 5. Releasing Org (.5 hour every release).

I'd be happy to help with #1.

--
Kyle

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks (was: Org maintainance)
@ 2015-05-23 18:56   ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2015-05-23 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 23 May 2015 10:47:49 +0200
Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need help on these maintainance tasks :
>
> 1. Watching the emacs-diffs mailing list and backport changes on Org
>    in the local Org repository (2 hours per month).
>
> 2. Adding public keys on the orgmode.org server for org-mode and worg
>    contributers (1 hour per month).
>
> 3. Maintaining the orgmode.org server and taking care of errors when
>    updating Worg (1 hour per month).
>
> 4. Merging the last stable release into Emacs repository.  (1 hour
>    every release).
>
> 5. Releasing Org (.5 hour every release).

I'd like to help with 3 but would need an introduction.

Best regards
Robert

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks
@ 2015-05-24  8:37     ` M
From: M @ 2015-05-24  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Von: Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us>
> Datum: Sat, 23 May 2015 11:31:57 +0200
> An: <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
> Betreff: Re: [O] Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks
>
> Hi,
>
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> 1. Watching the emacs-diffs mailing list and backport changes on Org
>>    in the local Org repository (2 hours per month).
>>
>> 2. Adding public keys on the orgmode.org server for org-mode and worg
>>    contributers (1 hour per month).
>>
>> 3. Maintaining the orgmode.org server and taking care of errors when
>>    updating Worg (1 hour per month).
>>
>> 4. Merging the last stable release into Emacs repository.  (1 hour
>>    every release).
>>
>> 5. Releasing Org (.5 hour every release).
>
> I can help with 2, 4 *OR* 5 as you prefer.  My git skillz are limited.
>
> ‹Rasmus

As my git skills are near to zero, I could only help with #2 (after some
short introduction).

Kind regards

Martin

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks
@ 2015-05-24 11:09     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2015-05-24 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,

Robert Klein <RoKlein@roklein.de> writes:

> I'd like to help with 3 but would need an introduction.

Great, thanks.  I'll send a summary on the list soon.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks (was: Org maintainance)
@ 2015-05-29 18:01     ` Leo Ufimtsev
From: Leo Ufimtsev @ 2015-05-29 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

If you send out this email again next year when I have graduated from university, I'd be down with helping out with things ^_^.

--
Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team

* Re: Help needed on delegating some maintainance tasks
@ 2015-05-30  6:47       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2015-05-30  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Ufimtsev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Robert Klein

Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@redhat.com> writes:

> If you send out this email again next year when I have graduated from
> university, I'd be down with helping out with things ^_^.

Well, this is on ongoing open call, there are always many things to
do.  But thanks in advance!

--
 Bastien