From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02@gmail.com>
To: Karl Voit <news1142@Karl-Voit.at>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: MobileOrg does not sync with local Android calendar
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 08:56:44 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, 01-02-2016, at 17:35, Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> wrote:
> * Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Mine is "Org". But in my calendar app, there is no "Org" calendar,
>>> just three others.
>>
>> No idea why that happens.
>>
>>> Whenever I choose an existing calendar within MobileOrg preferences,
>>> it stays at the non-existing "Org" calendar. I guess this is the
>>> reason why there is no data sync to my calendar.
>>
>> No idea what is happening there.
>
> Okay. A little bit confused now:
>
> When I checked MobileOrg a couple of minutes ago, I did see some
> (not all!) Org-mode events for the first time. Only scheduled
> things, no events with time-slots. I did not check any further.
>
> I recognized, that MobileOrg settings is showing me the previously
> selected existing calendar.
>
> In calendar, I noticed that sync was activated. Grrrrr. I hate it,
> when something silently leaks my private data to the public cloud!
>
> After I disabled the sync-checkboxes for my three calendars, the
> Org-mode events were gone again.
>
> Quite disappointing, the whole story.

Karl, I am sorry I can provide no additional help here and that the whole
thing is frustrating. I've been using mobile-org for several years without
much tweaking and, yes, enabling (not happily) the syncing of calendar with
Google's cloud. That said, sometimes (for reasons I don't understand)
things do not work fully (the calendar is not updated completely, events
are missing, events get duplicated, etc). So this is not always 100%
reliable.

As for Android's calendar syncing with Google's cloud, and after reading
Brian van den Broek's and Bingo UV's comments about Offline Calendar, I
think I'll be trying that so I can get rid of the cloud.

Best,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte