* problem exporting: "You need to specify a :file parameter"
@ 2018-03-14 18:25 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-03-14 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all again,

The continuing cautionary tale: this is what happens when trying to
update old-ish documents using org.  Price to be paid for a continually
developing system (which is a good think generally)...

I am getting an error when trying to export a largish document, as noted
in the subject line.  This error prevents the export completely [1].  In
context, the messages I get are:

    executing Dot code block (plot-graph)...
    Wrote /tmp/babel-a38K9g/ob-input-0nXDpU
    "[[file:dependency-graph.pdf]]"
    Code block evaluation complete.
    org-babel-exp process dot at position 9528...
    executing Dot code block...
    org-babel-execute:dot: You need to specify a :file parameter

There is only one dot src block in my document, plot-graph.  It is,
however, used within a #+call:

    #+call: graph-from-tables(options="rankdir=LR;",nodes=subtasks-table[2:-1],graph=dependency-table[2:-1]) :exports results :results file :post plot-graph[:results file :exports results :file dependency-graph.pdf](graph=*this*)

(apologies for the long line) which worked back in June last year.  The
first src block is elisp; the second referenced by :post is dot.

The file I want, dependency-graph.pdf, is created successfully, as the
messages excerpt indicates as well.

What am I doing wrong?  What changes in org have I missed over the past
few months that could affect this?  The git log does include commit
7efa0f2879226695ad9b309c9263a4d1b5d79e89 from January 30 2018 which says
that inline src and babel calls parsing was changed.  Does that change
affect my use above?

It would be helpful, by the way, if the error messages indicated which
src block they referred to, if possible.

Thanks,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]  it would be nice to have the option to allow org to continue even when errors arise...

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-303-g6cf5fc.dirty

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: problem exporting: "You need to specify a :file parameter"
@ 2018-03-15 12:22 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-03-15 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode