Nicolas Goaziou writes: Hello, Nicolas! > Thank you! I cannot guess the use case, but you certainly have one :) I'm guessing DC Toedt likes to make Org files that have some kind of overview TOC in a different section. I haven't used it myself, but it seems like a potentially handy thing to have. > Even if this doesn't sound like a very common need, it doesn't add too > much overhead to the code base either. It would be nice if it really > generalized "local" keyword, i.e., with ":target local", "local" variant > being supported but not documented. The old way just did a simple regular expression search for local, so :target local actually already works. :target "local" tries to do a fuzzy search for a headline with "local" text in it, though. Is that what you mean? I'm not sure if the best approach would be to: - catch the signal raised by org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link and then check for the special case of "local" - always handle :target "local" as a local TOC - or just leave the behaviour as it is. What would you recommend? > Also, there seems to be much code duplication in the export back-ends. > Would it make sense to factor this out into a function in "ox.el". For > example, `org-export-resolve-link-string' or some such? With some tests > for bonus points. I made an org-export-resolve-link that can take string or link objects. It doesn't handle all the potential link types, though, just id and fuzzy.