* orgformat.py: util library for generating Org mode from Python
@ 2019-11-06 15:22 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2019-11-06 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

In the recent days, I've been busy migrating orgformat[1] from Memacs[2] and
lazyblorg[3] to a repository on its own. It's a utility library that provides a
variety of Python functions that help dealing with generating non-trivial Org
mode content such as date- or time-stamps. I've added good documentation,
valuable unit tests to all functions and even added type annotations to the
library itself (playing around with mypy[4] which I recommend).

You may find some of the functions interesting for your project and I'm happy
to receive pull requests of functions that you'll move out from your project to
this general purpose Org mode library as well.

Find the (horrible coloured) HTML docu at [5].

HTH

[1] https://github.com/novoid/orgformat
[2] https://github.com/novoid/Memacs
[3] https://github.com/novoid/lazyblorg
[4] https://mypy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/introduction.html
[5] http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/novoid/orgformat/blob/master/orgformat.html

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/

* Re: orgformat.py: util library for generating Org mode from Python
@ 2019-11-06 21:52 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-11-06 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for working on and sharing this, Karl.  It's great to see the Org
format getting more support in other languages and contexts.