Hello, This patch omits a file description when :file-desc has a nil value. Previously, the following src block #+BEGIN_SRC asymptote :results value file :file circle.pdf :file-desc :output-dir img/ size(2cm); draw(unitcircle); #+END_SRC would yield #+RESULTS: [[file:img/circle.pdf][circle.pdf]] This makes it impossible (I think) to provide :file-desc with a default value and prevent the description in some cases. This patch would cause the same code block to execute to #+RESULTS: [[file:img/circle.pdf]] I feel I may be missing something in regard to why this previously had the functionality it did. Is there a use case I've missed? To me, the documentation seems to indicate that my patch is the desired behavior: The =file-desc= header argument defines the description (see [[*Link Format]]) for the link. If =file-desc= has no value, the "description" part of the link will be omitted. Full disclaimer: I wrote this section of the documentation as part of this patch: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-07/msg00320.html Thanks Matt