* [bzg@gnu.org: Re: bug#42484: 26.1: org-mode should display value of links in mini-buffer]
@ 2020-09-06  9:03 Boruch Baum
From: Boruch Baum @ 2020-09-06  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

----- Forwarded message from Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> -----

Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 10:21:33 +0200
From: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
To: Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com>
Cc: 42484-done@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bug#42484: 26.1: org-mode should display value of links in mini-buffer

Hi Boruch,

Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com> writes:

> In org-mode, when POINT is moved over an org-mode link, wouldn't it be
> reasonable for the value of that link to appear in the mini-buffer? The
> advantage of that is the user would know where the link points and what
> would happen if the link is opened (eg. would an external program open,
> would the network be queried).

Can you suggest this feature to the Org list at emacs-orgmode@gnu.org?

Such "electric" display could sure be useful, but I would like to get
feedback from other Org contributors and users before accepting a patch.

I'm closing this as this is not an Emacs bug.

 Bastien

----- End forwarded message -----

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0