No Wayman writes: > As far as org-capture is concerned, support for transparently > upgrading the > user's templates could easily be added to the > `org-capture-upgrade-templates` > function. > > It would just be one more case added to the existing pcase > statement and would > prevent breakage for users. See the attached patch which adds the mentioned case. The docstring for `org-capture-upgrade-templates` could be worded better/more generally. I believe we could also do a better job notifying the user when they have outdated capture syntax. Really we should be recording *which* templates use outdated syntax and pointing them to a solution. These are separate issues, though.