Hi Daniel, >> Would you be interested in making a patch for the docs, or would you rather >> leave that to someone else? > > Actually I want to do that. I had an idea to add a node (in org) > “reminding” people that all mentions of regex refer to elisp regex, > which could be different than what people usually know (PCRE) and point > them toward the elisp regex node. I think this point can confuse non > technical people when they are starting to use orgmode and there should > be a mention in the org manual. Most notably are the alternation \| > instead of | and ... grouping instead of (…). That sounds like it would be most useful! I look forward to seeing your patch 😀. All the best, Timothy