Hi all, I'm attaching a patch with a proposal to unify in a single constant (named `org-latex-language-alist') `org-latex-polyglossia-language-alist' and `org-latex-babel-language-alist', along with some necessary (minor) modifications in `org-latex-guess-polyglossia-language' and `org-latex-guess-babel-language' The new list, which is not exhaustive, is built taking as a reference the documentation of Babel and Polyglossia in their latest versions within TeX live 2021. It also assumes the latest improvements in the babel package (on the current state of the art regarding the babel and polyglossia packages, see this previous thread: https://list.orgmode.org/87wnmv4s87.fsf@posteo.net/). I have also corrected some minor inconsistencies in the previous two lists. This new alist supports three types of members: - Members with two elements: CODE BABEL/POLYGLOSSIA-OPTION. i.e.: ("ar" "arabic") - Members with three elements: CODE BABEL/POLYGLOSSIA-OPTION ASTERISK (the presence of the asterisk indicates that this language is not loaded in Babel using the old method of ldf files but using ini files. If Babel is loaded in an Org document with these languages, the \"AUTO \" argument is just removed, to avoid compilation errors. The new babel method with ini files is not supported, for backward compatibility with 'old' ldf method). i.e. ("bo" "tibetan" "*") - Members with four elements (for variants of languages): CODE BABEL-OPTION POLYGLOSSIA-OPTION POLYGLOSSIA-VARIANT i.e. ("es" "spanishmx" "spanish" "mexican") ==> babel: \usepackage[mexican]{babel} ==> polyglossia: \usepackage{polyglossia} \setmainlanguage[variant=mexican]{spanish} I also attach an Org document for testing. Best regards, Juan Manuel