* Fancy underlines in Org to LaTeX
@ 2021-10-20 14:57 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2021-10-20 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

A very interesting LaTeX package, soulpos (by Javier Bezos), has
recently been uploaded to CTAN, which allows you to define personalized
underlining styles in a very free way:

https://www.ctan.org/pkg/soulpos

I have tried to adapt its use to Org, so I am attaching a small test
document here. In the preamble I have defined a command \myuline (with
the xparse syntax), with five different values for \uline:

- \myuline the default value, a single underline,

- \myuline[ul1], \myuline[ul2], \myuline[ul3] and \myuline[ul4], four
different underline styles, taken from the examples in the soulpos
documentation.

See this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/UK6W8sl.png

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com/

[-- Attachment #2: soulpos-test.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 4018 bytes --]

* Re: Fancy underlines in Org to LaTeX
@ 2021-10-20 18:21 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-10-20 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías; +Cc: orgmode

Dear Juan,

although I am unlikely to need these special underline capabilities,
thank you for this.  I have used the ~soul~ package in the past for
highlighting, adding @...@ as an emphasis character.

In any case, I in particular like how you define a complex LaTeX header
entry using noweb!  Definitely more elegant than prepending manually
~#+LATEX_HEADER~ to every line.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-149-g781080
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096